Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Satriani Vs. Coldplay

User ImageT.A.Z
7:38 am Thursday
August 14, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Don´t know if anyone else has heard this on youtube...but check this out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kytzHrKpo
User Imagejeremy
8:56 pm Thursday
August 14, 2008
Whoa... that´s interesting.
User ImageT.A.Z
3:22 am Friday
August 15, 2008
Bit crazy huh?? haha I gotthe MP3 sent to me its really cool Very happy
User Imagejeremy
5:25 am Thursday
January 15, 2009
I just read in the March GW that Satch is now taking action on this. He´s suing Coldplay. He seems really hurt about it all. Like they took one of his children. It´s a trip that the Coldplay "version" turned out to be one of their biggest hits, right? But probably most people never heard Satch´s song or even heard of him for that matter.
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:31 pm Thursday
January 15, 2009
The first time I saw this post and the attached vid the sound did not work for some reason. I really didn´t know what you guys were talking about with this thread until tonight.... Wow that is messed up. My vote is yes they did steal it. But I really like Joe´s music so I might be a little bias on the subject.
User Imagejeremy
1:34 am Friday
January 16, 2009
I think that EMI took most of those videos down from YouTube. That was in the article too. If I click the link now I get one of those "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EMI Music". But I did watch it when he originally posted this. You just wonder what happened there. Could it have been a subconscious thing? I think about that every time I wrote a song that I like. I think... did someone already write this? But it seems as if they DID rip Satch´s song ´cause there were too many similarities.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:17 am Friday
January 16, 2009
Yeah I had to do a google search to find but I found a bunch of people that did this comparison.

Here are a couple:

And another one that goes into it a little bit more: