Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Peavey JSX

User Imagejeremy
8:53 pm Thursday
August 21, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Mike might be kinda stoked about this... I just scored the Peavey JSX. I bought it from my nephew (reflections83 on here). I remember when I went shopping for a new head with him and he plugged into a few heads... Marshalls, Line6´s, Crates... then he plugged into the JSX and it completely blew any of those other heads away. It sounds amazing. I can´t wait to plug it in myself and start ripping on it.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:44 am Sunday
August 24, 2008
Great score jeremy! This amp seem very cool I have just been reading up on it. You know right off the bat I like it a little just because its the J.S. amp. Its seems with this head they are trying to create some really flexible. I´d love to hear it.
User Imagejeremy
9:22 pm Wednesday
August 27, 2008
Well, I set up the JSX in my guitar room this week. It´s a nice sounding head. It´s got killer gain in the Ultra mode. I also have my JCM900 set up in there. It was interesting to A/B those 2 heads. I still prefer my JCM900 but the JSX is nice. It´s a really different sound. It´s cool though. It´ll give me another sound to use when I record. I like to use different sounds when recording multiple tracks of guitars. I usually use the JCM900 and my Peavey Classic 212 (which I love). So the JSX will give me another good sound to play around with.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:08 pm Wednesday
August 27, 2008
I used to have a 60 watt Peavey amp I loved. I played that thing for about three years. I think it stopped working for some reason but that was after I already had a new one so I didn´t worry about it too much. That was like ten years ago. Peavey has made some great stuff its cool to hear they are still put out a good product even if its one as good as your JCM Wink
User Imagejeremy
11:32 pm Wednesday
August 27, 2008
Don´t you like Marshall? Or was that some kinda typo there?
User ImageMike Lindyn
7:16 pm Friday
August 29, 2008
Quote From jeremy:
Don´t you like Marshall? Or was that some kinda typo there?

Marshalls are great. My main amp is a Marshall. I was just commenting on your comment that you still liked your JCM better. Right now however I think my favorite head would be a Vetta II by Line6. That thing is sick. I will get one someday. Guitar
User Imagejeremy
7:31 pm Friday
August 29, 2008
Oh I see, that last sentence really confused me. I´m easily confused though. Dude, I have one of those Line6 Spider heads. It´s a cheapo head but man, it sounds good for 200 bucks or whatever it was. I use that thing sometimes if I go to jam some metal with dudes and I don´t wanna take a tube head with me.
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:33 pm Sunday
August 31, 2008
I doubt that you´re easily confused. Smile

Line 6 does make some really cool stuff. And they seem to pack a lot of value into the stuff they put out. I would not mind getting a little spider combo for those times when I don´t want to plug into my rack or studio setup... a little jam amp without the hassle of the full system.
User Imagejeremy
8:50 pm Wednesday
September 3, 2008
Don´t you have a little practice amp at all?
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:26 am Thursday
September 4, 2008
Unfortunately no. But when I´m practicing I use my studio setup. Ita all right there at my desk so its easy and my studio setup sounds pretty good. I´d like to get one just so I can plug-in in my living room.
User Imagejeremy
7:15 pm Thursday
September 4, 2008
I don´t even wanna tell you how many practice amps I have. You know what´s cool though? Just take a multi effects processor of some sort (I use the Digitech RP7 for example) and line it into the soundcard of your desktop or whatever and just use that for practice. I use that more than any of my amps actually. Sometimes I don´t have time to play that much but I´ll sit down at my desk and pick up my guitar (which is always plugged into the RP7) and rip on it while I check email or whatever. It´s a cool thing. I often come up with riffs and things while I´m sitting there too and I´ll bust open Cakewalk and record them. I play more guitar now than I used to just because I set my PC up with my guitar like that. It´s like, it´s so easy just to pick up the guitar at my desk and play any time I´m sitting there. No set up required. It´s always on.
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:43 am Saturday
September 6, 2008
Thats kinda that way my studio set up is. I have two Line6 PODs, one is the POD Live (footpedal) and that is hooked up to my rack and my power amp and all my live gear. The other POD is the POD X3 table top version (my guitar is always plugged into this) which runs through a couple of older rack gear items I have and then goes to my mixer which run out to another power amp and a couple of studio monitors and also into and out of my computer.

Its a cool little setup for recording but of course I wouldn´t mind a little practice amp too.