Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Google. Analytics

Defualt User ImageAzzCrack
10:42 pm Thursday
September 18, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Hey Mike, hope all is well man, haven´t heard from you in awhile.

Hey, you need to install google analytics. It´s the best tracking in the world and better yet it is free.

Give me a jingle, we´ll get it going.

This is from a site launched couple days ago at the beginning of the month. It´s insane how much detail you can get from this tool and this is just the opening dashboard... you can dive into so much more detail and it´s accurate, unlike any data you get from your hosting provider.

chat back at you soon.

-J
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:41 am Friday
September 19, 2008
Hi J,

Yeah I gotta call ya been very busy as of late. I work with Google Analytics at work as well as lots of other statistical and SEO stuff. I´ve been thinking about putting it on GKN but I just got a new host that offers a couple of really good stat tools. I still might when I get the time.
Defualt User ImageAzzCrack
10:57 am Wednesday
September 24, 2008
Right on, I like it because it all ties into adsense and all that other stuff should you ever plan on putting some banners up.

Talk to you soon.
User Imagejeremy
10:59 pm Wednesday
September 24, 2008
I just used this on my site for the heck of it. Not that I get any customers for anything but I thought that it would be cool just to check it out. It´s still checking for data at this point. I guess it could take 24 hours for it to pull some data together.
User Imagejeremy
1:30 am Thursday
September 25, 2008
Nice. It finally fleshed itself out and now I have some data. This things pretty cool. Thanks for bringing this up.
User Imagejeremy
3:05 am Wednesday
October 22, 2008
After a few weeks of tracking I´ve logged hits from all over the globe. It´s interesting to see that my little personal site gets hit from the Netherlands or France or Indonesia. That´s a trip. I look at my statistics every day now just to see if I get hit from a new continent. Very cool and fun tool.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:29 pm Wednesday
October 22, 2008
Well your site is tight so I´m not surprised you get a bunch of people I´ve gone through it a couple of times myself Smile. Also I see the links of people coming in from your site too. I just re-added my old links page which I forgot to move over from the old site, I have your site list there too. Its fun watching that kind of stuff, I used to watching GKN´s stats all the time just to see where people where coming from and stuff like that.
User Imagejeremy
9:24 pm Sunday
October 26, 2008
Yeah. It´s a trip. Hey, this is kinda off topic but since you were talkin´ about bringin´ back the links page... where´s the Ear Trainer thing? That´s a great tool. I still use that (´cause I stole it from the old site...) but I think that´s a tool that should be available. It´s awesome. Unless it´s still here and I don´t know where it is.
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:58 am Friday
October 31, 2008
No, its not on the site anymore I retired that thing cause it didn´t fit the look of the new site, I didn´t have the time to make the needed changes and I didn´t think anyone used it. I´ll bring it back if you found it useful, I was also messing with the idea of bringing back the Netronome too. I´ll try and get to that this weekend.

PS I also in the middle of a update to the media manage section. I hope to get that finished soon.
User Imagejeremy
8:58 pm Saturday
November 1, 2008
Maybe I was the only one who used the Ear Trainer. Like I said, I have a copy of it and I use it all the time so you don´t hafta put it up again just for me. I just saw it as a great tool and I thought that maybe other dudes would be into it. I once read a guitar workout that Steve Vai put together and he talked about making a tape where you would play intervals and chords and try to guess what they were. I always wanted to make that tape but just never got around to it. Then I found that Trainer on your site and I was like, "Dang. Now I don´t hafta make a tape".

I also stole a copy of the Netronome but I don´t use that much ´cause depending on your computer or your internet connection it can kinda hiccup sometimes. So I prefer to sit down with a hand held for stuff like that.

I think that the Ear Trainer is GOLD though.
User ImageMike Lindyn
2:24 am Sunday
November 2, 2008
Right on I just re-released it under the Tools & Resources Menu. You can find it here: http://www.guitarknowledgenet.com/ear_trainer.php
User Imagejeremy
7:27 pm Sunday
November 2, 2008
Dude, nice!
User Imagejeremy
4:32 am Monday
November 3, 2008
Hey Mike (or anybody for that matter but Mike in particular),

Could you give me some examples of Suspended 2nd and Half Diminished 7th chords? I´m gettin´ thrown off by those in the Chord Trainer. 2 of the choices that you have listed on that thing are Suspended 2nd and Half Diminished 7th but I´m not really sure what those chords are. I´ve tried to look them up but I´m still confused. I figure since you made the test you could give me some examples of what those chords are.

Thanks!
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:56 am Wednesday
November 5, 2008
Sure jeremy...

Half Dim 7th (Also known as a Min7th b5) chords... Formula: 1-b3-b5-b7

Half dim 7th chords are found on the seventh scale degree of the major scale and will resolve nicely back to the one chord (1st scale degree).

This is a chord shape for the Half Dim 7th I use a lot the time its in 2nd invertion form (The root note is not the lowest note of the chord):

Here is another one with the root note as the lowest note.

And another

Sus2 chords... Formula: 1-2-5

Sus2 chords are useful because there is no 3rd in this chord allowing the chord to be neither Major nor Minor. This ambiguity allows Sus chords to be very useful. The major scale has four location a sus2 can appear (I, ii, IV, V, vi). This make sus chords great for modulating (Changing keys) too.

A common open D sus2 chord. (This one is used all the time with open D chords):

Common Sus2 bar chord:

And another Sus2 bar chord:

And finally one last Sus2 form:
User Imagejeremy
1:22 am Wednesday
November 5, 2008
Cool. Thanks, dude!