Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Watch+me+skate

User Imagejeremy
11:40 pm Tuesday
September 30, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
User ImageMike Lindyn
7:22 pm Wednesday
October 1, 2008
Awesome jeremy!

You did a lot better than I could have.
User ImageBillyJack
5:29 pm Thursday
October 2, 2008
I would have broke my fool neck if I tried that. Then again, I am the old fart of the bunch! Smoke
User Imagejeremy
1:02 am Tuesday
October 7, 2008
Yeah, right. You´re not old! That quarter pipe is cool (that´s the ramp in the video for all you old dudes who don´t know what´s up). My nephew (the dude watching me in the video who is a carpenter and builds guitars for Martin... which is awesome) and I built that thing a while ago but we just recently improved it and started skating it in his back yard to test it out. It was really hard to skate in that small area with that step in the way. One day I´ll get some video of me skating that thing for real out in a lot somewhere. It´ll be a better quality video too. My girl just caught that footage on her little digital camera.
User ImageNate
8:06 pm Monday
February 23, 2009
Right on man! I used to do a lot of skating a couple years back before I went to college. I actually had a sponsorship from the local skateshop and had C1rca footwear flowing me some free shoes and whatnot every once in awhile.

It was good times man, I wish I could have kept on doing it but I had to grow up at some point! I still use the thing to get around though when the snow is gone.
User Imagejeremy
10:41 pm Monday
February 23, 2009
Hehe... grow up? I will NEVER grow up! Kidding. Seriously though, I´m 37 and I still skate. I don´t do big steps or try to hit handrails anymore (partly ´cause I have more respect for the property owners of the handrails but also ´cause I can´t afford to be outta work ´cause I´m in a body cast) but I still do lots of flat ground stuff and I have a grinder/slider thing that I made with wood and PVC on it that I can set up at places and emulate handrails and do grinds and stuff. I have the quarter pipe in the video too which I´m just learning to skate. I also won´t die until I get my girl to let me build a half pipe in her back yard. I think that I´ve wanted a half pipe since I was 16.

Do you snowboard too?
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:20 pm Tuesday
February 24, 2009
Still love watching that its great.

I was into skating as a kid started when I was young (lived in Santa Cruz Ca. - 80-83 I think so I was 9 to 12). I was ok for my age but never truly great. When I moved out east got into bikes more and later guitar of course.

I got back into skating a few years back when I started work on a large college campus. I had lots of fun doing it for about a month... Then I twisted my ankle and was in bad shape for a week or two. Stopped skating now, mostly for time restraints... and the fact that I can´t just cruse through a campus for work anymore.

That being said, I don´t think I´ll ever really grow up though Razz Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar