Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

SHRED NECK

User Imagejeremy
10:54 pm Sunday
November 23, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Shred Neck
My girl just got me one of these for my birthday. It´s pretty rad. I´ve been using it at my desk tonight. What´s interesting is that even though I play alota guitar I can feel that this thing is working my muscles an´ stuff harder somehow. I hope I don´t overdo it. It´s a cool device though that´s small enough for you to carry around and work your fretting hand/arm out really good. Like at the table during Thanksgiving or wherever.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:03 am Thursday
November 27, 2008
Interesting... I haven´t seen these before. Might be handy to have in the office where I can´t have my guitar.
User Imagejeremy
10:05 pm Wednesday
December 3, 2008
Dude... totally. I have it at my desk at work right now (I also have a regular guitar at my desk as well but we don´t hafta get into that). This Shred Neck thing is a genius device. I have seriously carried it with me since I got it. It goes everywhere with me. And I´ve noticed an increase in strength and agility in my fret hand. I basically run all types of chromatic exercises with it or modal exercises... whatever. Keep in mind that you don´t tune this thing (it´s physically impossible due to the nature of the scale). I´ve read reviews where dudes thought that it would be like a little guitar that you can play. It´s just primarily for your fretting hand. You can strum chords, fingerpick or even use a pick on it but it´s basically designed just to work the fret hand. Another thing is that since I can´t really play it like a regular guitar I don´t get distracted from running through exercises like I do when I´m playing guitar. Like, when I play guitar I try to run through exercises or new patterns but I always get distracted and start playing or writing songs or whatever. So this thing is cool in that way as well. Not only is it working my muscles but it´s helping me to concentrate on the mental side of my playing.

Alright, I think that I´ve pimped this thing enough. Everybody should get one though.
User ImageTerry
5:21 pm Wednesday
December 10, 2008
ive never seen one...is it like, just a neck?
or a certain amount of frets or somthing like that?
User Imagejeremy
12:27 am Thursday
December 11, 2008
Yeah, it´s like the first 7 frets of a standard size guitar. You just turn the tuning machines until you get the desired tension in the strings and just rip scales and leads and whatnot. Very cool. Seriously, I´ve been carrying this thing around for a couple weeks now since I got it. Kinda like a little kid with a teddy bear or something.
User ImageTerry
1:10 pm Thursday
December 11, 2008
lol...
that sounds rad...