Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Katnip please check us out!

User ImageKeef 1367
4:58 pm Tuesday
December 16, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
We are a new band, based in Lincolnshire, UK, we would love to know what you think of our music.
Take it easy, and take care.

-Katnip

Oh yes please, please check out our music and if you like what you hear please become a fan.

Katnip
Quantcast

Katnip
Quantcast
User Imagejeremy
8:55 pm Wednesday
December 17, 2008
Pretty nice. I like the big, arena style guitar leads. Vocals are pretty nice too. I almost hear a little bit of early Maiden influence in those first 2 tracks. I just became a fan.

How was this stuff recorded? At home or in a studio? I´m just curious. It sounds really good.
User ImageKeef 1367
11:37 am Friday
December 19, 2008
Hi

Hey there jeremy TY for your kind remarks! Smile
The tracks are recorded at my home, in my living room with my 3 kids in bed LOL (rock and roll eh?)I use sonar 7 for the drums (I have a really nice soundfont)I then record the bass and any keyboard parts, then the guitars, and finally the vox. Our sound is mainly down to the way that the tracks are mixed and mastered into Adobe audition. All of the guitar sounds come from my Boss GT6 "DI´d" Via SP/Dif to
my soundcard nothing else was used. All of the patches are custom made
for the song in hand, I also use my GT6 for live work, and enjoy the same
sounds using the 4 cable method, but substituting the pre amp on the
GT6 for my Marshall DSL401(utalising the FX chain swap feature and
external FX loop on the GT6) the only difference really is the stereo
dalays are missing as the amp is mono but never the less its a killer live sound!
Take it easy dude!
Keef
User Imagejeremy
10:44 pm Friday
December 19, 2008
Whoa. You musta copied and pasted that reply from Word or something. It´s got all kinds of crazy characters in between each word an´ stuff. But I get the gist of your reply. I use Sonar8 myself. Just getting started with that kinda stuff. Actually I started using Cakewalk products a couple years back but since I got S8 I´ve really started to learn how to record at home. I´ll eventually stream my own stuff on my site when I get it all together.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:05 pm Monday
December 22, 2008
Hi Keef,

Your music rocks man Guitar I particularly dug Believe Me. The fact that you did it after your kids went to bed makes it even more AWESOME! Thumbs Up
User ImageKeef 1367
1:08 pm Tuesday
December 23, 2008
I´m not sure what happened there! No copy or paste involved honest lol
But it all seems ok now though! Smile Smile
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
4:43 am Saturday
January 10, 2009
The mix is clear, although it is too in your face for me. But then again, i have weird perceptions. The clarity is still great. And also the guitar tone.

Pertaining to any BOSS multi-efx, rumours have it that they sound very digital. Do you guys have any opinions?

What mic did you use for the vocals?
User ImageKeef 1367
4:13 am Wednesday
February 4, 2009
Boss FX

BOSS multi-efx. Yes all of the rumours are true! But as anything you need to learn to get the best out of your gear. All of the guitar tone comes from the GT6, I spent hours and I do mean hours trying hopelessly to get the sound that i had in my head! All good things come to those who wait i guess LOL And as usual the old addage more is less comes into play here, I just use the pre amp section with compression if i need it, delay and that is pretty much it for the most part. I don´t use the graphic as it makes the whole thing sound so manufactured. I ended up with my Marshall set up, I borrowed my mates guitar (he has the same modle Ibanez as me Smile) mine into the boss box and sp/dif into PC and only using the pre amp on the GT6 compared sounds, so that is how i ended up with the sounds I use, simple really as I already played most of the numbers down at rehersals with the band with Marshall valve tone all the way. I just can´t record with my live rig unless I get into hireing rehersal space, and the GT6 comes so close..
So in conclusion like all musical gear it is what you make of it. Smile

As for the mic used in the recordings just the same old SM58 that I have been gigging with for years thats all into a Behringer desk, behringer compresser into my sound card thats it Smile no great mysteries there and its my living room so the acoustics suck too lol.
I hope this was helpfull dude

All of the tracks are in the process of being remixed along with some new stuff we are working towards our first album so fingers crossed it gos alrite Very happy Clap
Take it easy
Keef