Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Need Some Inspiration

User ImageMike Lindyn
12:19 pm Wednesday
December 31, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So work and family life have been a drag on the creative process over the past few months. Anyone have some guitar related media that might make me feel like creating some music? I haven´t found anything that has blown me away lately and I really want something that makes me say "WoW!".

As to my contribution to this process I´ll submit a Vai Vid that I have been watching for months now but is the most inspirational thing I´ve run across lately.

User Imagejeremy
10:11 pm Wednesday
December 31, 2008
You just sent me on a Vai YouTube video spree. I´m feeling pretty inspired right now. I think that you can pretty much watch any video that dude has made and get stoked about playing.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:58 am Friday
January 2, 2009
You´re totally right Vai is awesome and very inspirational but I´ve been listening to him, Satch, and Yngwie for over 20 years knida looking for something new Wink
User Imagejeremy
10:03 pm Friday
January 2, 2009
I was gonna suggest Jeff Loomis but I failed to find a good YouTube video of him. He´s from Nevermore but he just released a solo record called Zero Order Phase. He´s pretty cool.
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:35 pm Sunday
January 4, 2009
I was listening to some Jeff Loomis last night... He and the other guy from Nevermore have some real good chops and their band is not bad either.
User Imagejeremy
6:57 pm Thursday
January 8, 2009
Amen. I did find that one YouTube video of those 2 dudes goin´ toe-to-toe. That was pretty cool. They were just shredding.
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
4:31 am Saturday
January 10, 2009
Just felt that i needed to post some, but it doesn´t deserve a new thread. I know i´ve been coming in and going off, although i promised to stay in a few instances.

It seems that only Mike and Jeremy, and a few others are active here?

Anyway, back to thread. Regarding creating, i´ve just come out of a crazy production season with my band, and we´ve produced like, 4 songs in about 2 months. I know, the ratio isn´t very glorious. Hehe.
-Shameless ad: MySpace page is being customized, i can post it soon, hopefully*.

Anyway, i remember posting a few recordings up here, i think some random solos and a Gary Moore cover. But things have changed alot since then. I´ve moved away from guitaring-guitaring, into band-guitaring, if that makes sense. In a way, i have like, stopped playing solos for a very long time*.

*I do have a solo in one of the songs though.

How have your influences/guitar journeys been like since...heh...a long time ago?