Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

New Member Hello

Defualt User Imagewarlok
4:10 am Tuesday
August 15, 2006
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
I'm Jay. I played metal covers in the garage for about 10 years with no lessons, shitty equipment, and not much to keep me interested (I got older, 33, but all my friends decided to act older, like 104). Havent been playing much for the last 7 or so years and recently got tired of looking at my crap and not playing so either sell or play... Decided to learn, get better and hopefully hit it with a vengeance!! Picked up a Jackson Dinky, Epiphone Acoustic/Electric, and working on some basic PC recording stuff to play with and keep my attention. I'm sure I'll bug all of you with Q's and hopefully I can answer some as well.
Thanks and GREAT SITE!!!
User ImageBillyJack
6:26 am Tuesday
August 15, 2006
Welcome to the GKN Forum! Share your ideas and ask away. Look forward to hearing from you!
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:51 am Tuesday
August 15, 2006
Hey jay welcome aboard.

I noticed that you're in Arizona I'm in Mesa where you at?
Defualt User Imagewarlok
1:39 pm Tuesday
August 15, 2006
Casa Grande but I work by Sky Harbor and 1/2 my friends are in east valley. Other 1/2 are 1/2 way to cali Shocked This is a great site. only on for about 12 hours and learned quite a bit.
User ImageT.A.Z
1:46 pm Tuesday
August 15, 2006
Hey Jay, welcome to the site mate. Your gonna love it here! It's a great site to learn on and theres some great people around to help you out! Very happy
User Imagejeremy
10:53 pm Friday
August 18, 2006
This dude picked a good place to come for newfound inspiration. I learned a lot from this site. And I probably haven't even hit 80% of the site. Plus the dudes on this board are always fully helpful.
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:20 pm Sunday
August 20, 2006
Quote From warlok:
Casa Grande but I work by Sky Harbor and 1/2 my friends are in east valley. Other 1/2 are 1/2 way to cali Shocked This is a great site. only on for about 12 hours and learned quite a bit.

Thats cool my girl friend works at Sky Harbor for one of the car rental agencies there.

I can't really say I know Casa Grande that well I spend most of my time in Tempe, Mesa and sometime PHX. This area is just so big I still have not learned my way around here that well even though I've been here for 8 years :oops:
User ImageStevenMikel
12:08 am Sunday
August 27, 2006
Hello

Hi,I'm StevenMikel.I've been a student of the guitar for around 22 years.I play mostly rock,a little blues,and some metal.I went to college and studied classical guitar for a while.My favorite guitarists are;Eddie VanHalen,George Lynch,Joe Satriani,Eric Clapton,and Stevie Ray Vaughn.I learned of this site on JemSite.
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:32 am Sunday
August 27, 2006
Hi StevenMikel,

It sounds like you know your stuff. Its always great to meet people who have been into guitar for a couple of decades (I'm right there with ya). I share many of your favorites too.

Welcome abord man,
Mike
User Imagecat
6:01 pm Wednesday
February 4, 2009
Hi. My name is Darren aka Cat. You don´t want to know lol. I am new here to and excited to find this site. I have been struggling with the guitar for years now and had finally hit the point where I actually thought of giving up. But I love music so much and especially the guitar so I can´t. I really want to be able to play lead and would like to expand my rythm playing. Would love the help of any of you out there.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:39 pm Wednesday
February 4, 2009
Hi & welcome cat,

A love of music and desire to get better at your instrument are a great place start to meeting your goals. Let me know how I can help. Guitar Guitar

Mike
User Imagejeremy
7:44 pm Monday
February 9, 2009
Hey cat, this IS a good site to learn stuff. It´s been a little quiet on the boards lately but there´s plenty of ideas to explore in the lessons and tool & resources on GKN. I´m on here a lot if you ever wanna fire some posts or messages back and forth.
User Imageguitarplayer4you
11:22 pm Monday
June 22, 2009

HELLO GHN PEOPLE I JUST FOUND THIS SITE TO DAY I´AM PERRY AKA GUITARPLAYER4YOU I AM A SELF TOUGHT PLAYER WHO LEARN TO PLAY FROM READING
A LOTS OF BOOKS PICKING UP CHORDS AND LICKS HERE AND THERE I PLAYED IN A FEW
BANDS BACK IN THE SEVENTHS STILL HAVE NOT GOT TO WHERE I WAS TO BE ON THE GUITAR TRYING TO GET BACK IN TO THE SWING OF THINGS AND THIS LOOK LIKE A GOOD SITE TO DO IT IN WILLING TO TEACH WHAT I KNOW FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARN OVER THE YEARS
GLAD TO BE A MEMBER Guitar Guitar
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:34 pm Tuesday
June 23, 2009
Great to meet you guitarplayer4you!

Its always great to meet new people with experience and a willingness to share their knowledge.

Welcome Smile
Mike
User ImageTerry
9:38 pm Tuesday
June 23, 2009
ya...welcome dude...mike and jerm are like the only people i really talk to alot on here, and thats kept me here for almost a year now...
Thumbs Up Guitar Love Shocked
User Imagejeremy
7:42 pm Sunday
June 28, 2009
We always need more crüe members... hope you all stick around.