Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Cool Satch Interview/Lesson

User ImageMike Lindyn
11:10 pm Wednesday
September 20, 2006
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
I really liked this:

User Imagejeremy
12:19 am Thursday
September 21, 2006
It's kinda interesting how he was talkin' about playin' more "quirky" because that's how I would describe his buddy Steve Vai. Fully quirky. I think that Satch is more solid as far as his approach to rock and blues. I like 'em both though. Similar but different.

That was an interesting lesson though. I like how he was talkin' about all different kinds of pick attacks... turning the pick or playin' at different points on the string. I don't think about that much but now I will.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:57 am Thursday
September 21, 2006
I found it interesting just because he talks about he approach to guitar. The licks and whatever are cool but I really like the beginning the best.
User Imagejeremy
8:57 pm Thursday
September 21, 2006
Yeah. I hear that. He played a lot of standard blues licks. But it was the stuff that he talked about including some of the technique that he explained that was cool to me.
User ImageFenderBender
5:34 pm Friday
September 22, 2006
Totally awesome vid! It's nice to have that inside look at what he's thinking when he's building a song. Also friggin great to see that someone who can shred like hell looks sooo closely at feeling and just how he's playing each lick.

I could only imagine what sitting down with this guy to learn would be like...
the best anaolgy I could use would be what was told to me when I started one job in NYC... Jack said to me - "Learning things here is like trying to take a sip from a fire hose"

Never had a better explanation than that!
User ImageOlmonatron
1:32 am Tuesday
October 17, 2006
I wish he would grow his hair back.

But I went to a Satch clinic and I got to ask him how he used to practice when he started. He said he learned all his scales and modes and shit and he sat down and played each one and defined it with an emotion and how each scale feels to him. Then when he had an idea and wanted to express it, he knew exactly what scales to play. It's a great approach I think.
User Imagebeerzerker
5:29 pm Friday
October 20, 2006
Ahhh,the gift of Joe!

The gift that keeps on giving...

Cool <- hey,it's him !!!!!!!
User ImageT.A.Z
9:49 am Saturday
October 21, 2006
I agree Mike great video, but the best bit is when he's talking about his approach to the guitar, thanks for sharing dude!!
User ImageDarin
10:03 am Tuesday
October 24, 2006
I dug it. I like his thoughts about playing more free and not worrying about exact rules and formulas.

I thought it was funny that his rig was "unprofessional"....something disposable. I'd take it!
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:21 pm Tuesday
October 24, 2006
Quote From Darin:
I thought it was funny that his rig was "unprofessional"....something disposable. I'd take it!

I know right? I'd take it too.