Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

A good Multi-Efx?

Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
10:29 am Wednesday
January 17, 2007
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
I currently got a Zoom707II and the I/O jacks are failing me terribly.

I want to get one which is more reliable, and as far away from digital sounding as possible. Metal chasis prefered.

Currently looking at Korg AG1500X, Digitech RP stuff etc.

But what effects is the best for gigging, and recording? (running through miced amp)

I normally prefer ones with expreession pedals.

Still can't afford Gt-8. Is it good anyway?

1)Budget will be about 100-150USD.
2)Lets say i am able to afford the GT-8, any other better options out there?

Looking for something that can last, electronics don't go crazy, and has a decent sound.

Oh yeah, I play Rock/metal. And if it helps, melodic metal (melodic power metal mostly.)
User Imagejeremy
10:11 pm Wednesday
January 17, 2007
I can tell you about the Digitech RP7 'cause I have one. I never use it through an amp. I think it's too digital to give you a good tone or something. At least that's how I feel. I only use it with my computer or to practice late at night. I'd never use that thing to jam or gig.
User ImageT.A.Z
4:57 am Saturday
February 10, 2007
Hey man, my old rhythm guitarist used to use a Korg AG1500 pedal, he always put it through a 60 watt Laney amp, and it always sounded superb!! Sometimes a little muddy or a little tinny depending on the venue, but overall it gave a great tone!! I'm sure you'd be more than capable of achieving a good sound with that. Let us know what you go for/or what you've gone for already!!
User ImageKen
6:15 pm Friday
May 2, 2008
I have a digitech rp150 and couldn´t be happier. Cheap cost too!
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:00 pm Saturday
May 3, 2008
Just picked up my second POD its the X3 (peanut version). Love I also have the XT POD Live that I use with my live setup. Love I really like these things. Its was $399 (I think its worth it).