Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

selfish me

User ImageFenderBender
5:19 pm Monday
April 16, 2007
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So - it's been a while but I'm finally back (kind of) to being me and really feel like playing.. To add to it, I've been working a TON of OT and figured that I would treat myself to something...

I have the VOX AD60VT modeling amp and didn't have the pedal for it. any player knows that an amp is almost (I did say almost Smile ) useless.. So I treated myself to the VC-12 controller for it.
Wasn't too bad either.. $302.00 usd with tax but man does this change the way I look at this amp!

I bought it becuase I wasn't really sure what kind of sound I wanted to have and this enabled me to do whatever I wanted.. now with more banks than I can shake a stick at, I can have just about any sound I want. 2 expression pedals gives you the opportunity to have 1 as volume or set both to do whatever you want.

Anyway - wanted to share the new purchase... it's been a while since I've been excited to play and this is kind of bringing it back....

coool
User Imagejeremy
1:15 am Thursday
April 19, 2007
Tight dude, tight! It's always cool gettin' new gear. I haven't bought anything new in a long time but once in a while I'll buy a new stomp box and it gets me excited.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:56 am Friday
April 20, 2007
Awesome buy! I'm really into the modeling gear. I want to get one of those variaxe guitars by line 6 next.

I have not tryed the VOX stuff yet but I will the nect time I'm at a guitar shop that has them.
User ImageFenderBender
7:15 pm Monday
April 23, 2007
I tried a lot of amps before I settled on this one. Just about everyone makes a modeling amp these days and most are pretty comprable. I tried the Line 6 and the marshall... I wasn't really impressed.. both were flat and didn't really have any pop or personality. Keep in mind this was 4 years ago so they may have changed but I didn't like them at the time. I did like the Fender Cyber series a LOT but it was a little more pricey and looked harder to setup and use... I wanted to plug in and play! I chose the Vox because of it's price and features... this amp really does go from fender clean to a decent marshall crunchy gain.. But to make it really work, you have to have the pedal or you're forced to walk over to it and tap on the channel/bank buttons...

for beginners, I highly recommend these amps because you can get "all the sounds" and then decide what you want yours to be like...

lastly - I also own a pandora PX4 guitar trainer... this has the same setup as the Vox amp. Korg did the modeling for Vox so I have a small AD60VT that I can take whereever I want and it sounds almost the same as when I play with the amp....

pretty coool... Cool
User Imagejeremy
9:24 pm Wednesday
April 25, 2007
Wow. That sounds like a tight set-up. I like having my Tascam Trainer for on-the-go times. It sounds cool enough to jam and work on stuff when I'm away from home.