Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

"C" My nightmare

User ImageBillyJack
7:59 am Wednesday
April 25, 2007
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
'C' My nightmare

Here's a little something I thought might be fun if you guys will jump in and try it.

I've attached a ptb file below that has the C Major Scale (Ionian Mode) tab'ed out in it's 5 fret patterns. It's set at 80bpm.

I challenge everybody lurking around this forum to beat my flawless time of 130bpm! I'm not a speed freak but, let's see if you can beat me! Reset the tempo and post your best time. Don't be shy, let's see it!
User ImageBillyJack
8:03 am Wednesday
April 25, 2007
If anybody has a challenge to add this thread, bring'em on. Let's get a little competitive! I may not be fast but, I love a good challenge!
User Imagejeremy
9:17 pm Wednesday
April 25, 2007
I'm confused. I maxed it out at 300 and it still wasn't fast enough for me. Did you mean to tab the notes as 16th notes instead of 8th notes?
User ImageBillyJack
11:05 pm Wednesday
April 25, 2007
No, I meant it to be at beginer level. I figure if I can get some interest going in making challenges then I can get more and more advanced as time goes on. I'm not a speed freak but, I am wanting to do some technically advanced stuff if others get involved.
User Imagejeremy
12:09 am Thursday
April 26, 2007
Oh, okay. I'm into this idea. I was trying to fire this kinda thing up with 2 of my nephews who are guitar players. I wanted us to post PTAB's of challenging quicklicks an' stuff. Kinda like Betcha Can't Play This. But they never got into it.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:48 pm Thursday
April 26, 2007
I'm up to give it a try. I wasn't able to do it last night but I'll give it a try now.
User ImageBillyJack
10:50 pm Thursday
April 26, 2007
I'm still trying to figure out how Mallard hit 300bpm! Laughing
I can barely play it that fast from one position much less through all 18.
User Imagejeremy
11:32 pm Thursday
April 26, 2007
I should change it to 16th's tonight and see how far I can take that.
User Imagejeremy
3:22 am Friday
April 27, 2007
So... I took 16th's up to 176 BPM and that's when it started to get messy. I'm cookin' over here though. This is an interesting way to practice scale fragments. I've found that it helps if I tend to focus on the root and the octave notes when I'm at a high speed 'cause those are getting hit twice. Then all the intervals in between just kinda fall into place.
User ImageBillyJack
6:34 am Friday
April 27, 2007
That's 352bpm in 8ths. I can't even think that fast much less get my fingers moving at that pace. WOW!

I think I'll go ahead and do all 7 Mode sets like I did on the DVD then start skip arrangements:
Maybe that'll slow your roll a little bit! :twisted: lol
User Imagejeremy
8:48 pm Friday
April 27, 2007
That'll do it. It'll take me a while just to memorize that before I can start hitting it.
User ImageBillyJack
9:04 pm Saturday
April 28, 2007
Here's C Major Skip.

This one is just out of Mid C, I'll add the +8 oct after I get a chance to do the other 6 straight patterns.
User ImageBillyJack
9:11 pm Saturday
April 28, 2007
After the 7 straights and skips, I plan on arpeggios. After arp's comes inverted intervals (that should be fun!)

Ne1 want to help your welcomed to!
User Imagejeremy
8:56 pm Tuesday
May 1, 2007
Tight. I just downed this other one. I'm gonna check this out tonight.
User Imagejeremy
7:34 pm Friday
June 1, 2007
Nobody hit this yet. I was hoping to see other dudes cracking their metronome limits here. I'm gonna hit this some more tonight.
User ImageT.A.Z
4:05 am Friday
June 29, 2007
Yeah just downloaded PTab for this and managed to hit 300 after 5/10 mins of having a little play around with it. Just gonna try the second one now Very happy

EDIT: that was in 8ths gonna start having a go at 16ths instead. Very happy