Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

I'm getting OLD!

User ImageBillyJack
7:44 am Monday
October 8, 2007
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
My "little" boy turns 19 today! Where in the world has the time gone? Last year as a teen and all the sudden I feel like I've missed out on something. I am and have always been my boys Dad, it's part of what makes me, ME. From fights to football and from playing with toys to girly girl, but where did the time go?
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:50 pm Monday
October 8, 2007
Yeah you're getting old. But thats ok. We like you anyway.

I kinda felt this way when I brought my little girl to first grade this year. I think its the milestones in life that make us feel our age.
User Imagejeremy
8:18 pm Tuesday
October 9, 2007
How old is BillyJack anyway? We've all asked this before. I don't think we ever got an official answer. I'm gonna be 36 but I don't have any kids. I still feel like a kid. I still do all the stuff that I did when I was a teenager only now I do it better.

Wait a minute... I don't think that this is helping anyone...
User ImageBillyJack
9:45 pm Tuesday
October 9, 2007
Ole BillyJacks been around since the Grand Canyon was just a mud puddle.
User Imagejeremy
11:32 pm Tuesday
October 9, 2007
Dang... still no answer...
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:17 am Wednesday
October 10, 2007
Quote From Mallard:
I'm gonna be 36 but I don't have any kids. I still feel like a kid. I still do all the stuff that I did when I was a teenager only now I do it better.

I am 36 and do have kids... but besides that, I feel exactly the same way. In fact the kids make me feel even younger than that sometimes.
User ImageBillyJack
2:24 pm Wednesday
October 10, 2007
You two just wait! I used to tease my wife about trading her in for 2 20's, but when that day came the 20 looked too damn close to being kids my son's age. They're just babies. When you realize you're not that young anymore, it's quite pain a reality, so enjoy it while it last!

PS. I'm not much older than you guys, so your day's coming! Laughing
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:07 pm Thursday
October 11, 2007
I love the "trading her in for 2 20's" line I'll have to remember that one. :grimgrin:

But let me also say "I feel you pain man." Wink
User Imagejeremy
9:14 pm Tuesday
October 23, 2007
I don't wanna feel his pain. But I'm objective about it. I figure as long as I can lift weights every day and ride a bike or spin every day I can hold onto my youth a little longer.
User ImageBillyJack
8:10 am Wednesday
October 24, 2007
Quote From Mallard:
I don't wanna feel his pain. But I'm objective about it. I figure as long as I can lift weights every day and ride a bike or spin every day I can hold onto my youth a little longer.
Bro, be careful how long you hold onto it. At some point you just become that "Creepy Old Guy"! Wink
User ImageDarin
9:57 pm Saturday
October 27, 2007
I used to like looking older when I was 18 (getting in bars etc....) of course that continues when your 37 and look 45. Damn.

I need some serious beauty rest!!!!
User Imagejeremy
11:01 pm Monday
October 29, 2007
I certainly don't wanna be the creepy old guy. I think that I'd rather be the mysterious old guy. Like, when I'm 60 and I'm still boardskating I want the young dudes to think, wow that dude's old but its cool. Not to get all serious but I just lost my Dad this year. In January. He was 83. And he still kicked ass at bowling and golfing up until he died. He loved those things and he was able to do them forever. I wanna be him in that way.

But even if I can't skate and ride a bike when I'm older I'll still have the guitar.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:30 am Sunday
November 4, 2007
Really cool way to approach life. Do what you love until you die.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad.
User ImageBillyJack
7:09 pm Sunday
November 4, 2007
Sorry to hear about your Dad dude. Yeah, even us old dudes can still bend a string!
User Imagejeremy
11:11 pm Sunday
November 4, 2007
Yeah, really. How far can you bend a string yet? I just wanna know what I have to look forward to when I get to your age.