Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Spammers

User ImageBillyJack
8:39 am Sunday
January 6, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Hey Mike,
We got hit real hard this morning. Someone nailed every catagory with fake celeb videos. I was able to delete all but one. For some reason I'm unable to moderate the "Introdutions" forum.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:21 am Sunday
January 6, 2008
Hi BillyJack,

Great... I have been doing a lot to keep these guys out lately. There are traps setup to delete some post and posters before they can spam the board. Deleted over 100 accounts the other day. It will just be another month or two of this stuff and my new system should be in place.

I think I have solved the latest round of spammers and this might slow down again.

Thanks for helping me keep the board clean.

Mike
User ImageNate
7:52 am Sunday
April 6, 2008
Had to get rid of some pretty nasty stuff today. :evil:
User ImageBillyJack
8:16 am Sunday
April 6, 2008
Believe it or not they've slowed down dramatically. Back in Dec/Jan I was deleting 3 or 4 of those very graphic spammers every morning.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:57 am Sunday
April 6, 2008
Thanks for getting rid of that stuff Nate. Just a few more days and most of the spam should be gone.

I I've taken some steps to make it hard for the spammers to get into the new site. And since we will not be running one of these pre-made forums the spam bot will not know how to get through as easily.

Also I don't know if any of you have noticed how often the forum is going down. Its down everyday for hours at a time. So the whole site will be moved to a new server this week some time.
User ImageBillyJack
11:37 am Sunday
April 6, 2008
No, I haven't been BI#$%ing, I'm mean noticing a thing! Laughing
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:53 am Sunday
April 6, 2008
Ha! Laughing I'm on hold for tech support as I write this. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Just a few more day! Knowing me that might mean two weeks.