Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

New setup

User ImageFenderBender
9:56 am Wednesday
April 23, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Mike- you´ve definelty outdone yourself on this one brother!!! absolutely sweet! It´s been a while since I´ve logged in. Just too much to do and never enough time to play. So, that being said, the new layout is badass...
Nice work!!!!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:17 pm Wednesday
April 23, 2008
Hey FenderBender,
You´re right its been a while, glad to hear from you. I´m glad you like the new setup it was a pretty big job getting this done. Smoke I´m still working on it too, there are a bunch of things I want that I wasn´t able to finish just yet but I´ll get them all done in time.

I see you´re still in love with your VOX right on! I just picked up the new POD x3 its a nice little setup for my desktop.
User Imagejeremy
9:33 pm Wednesday
April 23, 2008
I´m diggin´ the new setup too. As soon as I get done working and stuff this week/weekend I´m gonna post up a duel. I think that´s the coolest new thing. And it´ll be fun.
User Imagejeremy
8:57 pm Wednesday
April 30, 2008
I´m a little confused. Is it not possible to listen to a newly posted duel before you post a challenge?
User Imagejeremy
7:39 pm Wednesday
May 14, 2008
Dawgs?
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:47 pm Saturday
May 17, 2008
Quote From jeremy:
I´m a little confused. Is it not possible to listen to a newly posted duel before you post a challenge?

No you can´t hear the challenger´s track until the duel is accepted. My thinking was that if the person accepting the duel had already heard the track they would know if they could do something better or not and thus making the person more or less likely to accept the duel. So the challenger would have a disadvantage. I don´t know, what do you think, does this seem like a good way to handle this? I´m still open to ideas especially for this section.

Sorry I didn´t see this post sooner. I´m making it so all new posts go to the front page so I don´t miss anything anymore. Also I´m working on a "New Post" indicator to show what sections have new posts. (I´m have a little trouble with that one right now) I know its really hard to find when new posts are submitted.
User ImageNate
2:46 pm Monday
May 19, 2008
Quote From lindyn:
Also I´m working on a "New Post" indicator to show what sections have new posts. (I´m have a little trouble with that one right now) I know its really hard to find when new posts are submitted.

The site is awesome Mike! Great job! Guitar

This is about the only problem I´ve found so far.
Hopefully I can find a little spare time and get a lesson or two posted in the next couple of weeks.
User ImageMike Lindyn
3:38 am Tuesday
May 20, 2008
Hi Nate, and thanks! Yeah I really have to get that new post thing done. At least you can see the new post from the front page now which will make keeping track of new post a lot easier.

I´m looking forward to your lesson. I´m working on a webcast on how to write a lessons on GKN and use the tab editor. It should be up in the next few days.
User Imagejeremy
8:57 pm Wednesday
May 21, 2008
Quote From lindyn:
No you can´t hear the challenger´s track until the duel is accepted. My thinking was that if the person accepting the duel had already heard the track they would know if they could do something better or not and thus making the person more or less likely to accept the duel. So the challenger would have a disadvantage. I don´t know, what do you think, does this seem like a good way to handle this? I´m still open to ideas especially for this section.

I don´t know. I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to hear the posted challenge so that you have an idea of what you´re up against so that you know what kinda playing to duel it with. Otherwise you´re just going on the little description that the dude posts with their challenge. But I can see where you´re coming from as well.
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:51 pm Thursday
May 22, 2008
Yeah I see where you´re coming from. Like I said before I´m still thinking about this area... I´m still not completely happy with it yet so there may be a full redesign coming up and I´ll think about letting people hear the tracks before hand.
User ImageDarin
9:51 pm Friday
May 23, 2008
Hey Mike. Haven´t been here in a while and I really like the new look and your video lessons. Nice job as usual.
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:44 pm Friday
May 23, 2008
Hi Darin

How you been, its been a while. I glad you like the site.
User Imagejeremy
8:01 pm Monday
June 16, 2008
I hafta say that I like the Recent Forum Posts feature on the HOME page now. That´s pretty tight. I can roll in and see if there´s any new discussions right away.
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:24 am Tuesday
June 17, 2008
Thanks I think it makes it a lot easier too. Plus I´m not missing posts anymore... Yeah Jump !

I´m thinking about putting even more stuff on the front page as time goes by. Things like Duels and random old GKN lessons or maybe spotlight a tool. This will be the next change I´m working on.
User ImageFenderBender
8:35 pm Tuesday
June 17, 2008
sorry guys - been busy as all get out.

Mike- yeah, still in Love with the VOX. Just no time to get out and play it anymore!!! lot´s of changes going on at work so I started looking around and got a new job. Actually start on June 23rd! Really excited.

as for all of the site updates... dude, you´ve outdone yourself since I last got on. I´m hoping to be able to visit more now that I´m closer to home and will hopefull have more time

tight posts one and all doods!!! Guitar
User Imagejeremy
12:28 am Wednesday
June 18, 2008
Cool. There´a alota MIA dudes on here.
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:34 am Wednesday
June 18, 2008
Quote From jeremy:
Cool. There´a alota MIA dudes on here.

Very true. Sad
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:41 am Wednesday
June 18, 2008
Quote From FenderBender:
got a new job. Actually start on June 23rd! Really excited.

Hey there FenderBender,

Congrats on the job Dance I´m starting a new Job on the 30th so we both have something to celebrate.