Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Favorite Gutiar Brand

User ImageMike Lindyn
3:53 pm Sunday
June 8, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Do you have a favorite guitar Brand if so what is it?
User Imagejeremy
9:17 pm Sunday
June 8, 2008
I have over 20 guitars (I lost count). My main ones are an Ibanez RG, an ESP MKII, a Fender Stratocaster, a B.C. Rich Warlock and a couple of Les Pauls. But if I had to pick a favorite (like if I had to sell them all but one if I needed money) then I´d keep my Les Paul Standard. I use all different guitars for playing different types of music but that Les Paul Stadard that I have can cover it all.

So I´d say that Gibson is my favorite brand.
User ImageDarin
7:46 pm Monday
June 9, 2008
I´ve had Ibanez, Martin, Gibson, Fender, Kramer, Aria Pro, and some others. But I also would have to go with the Les Paul. I just love the warm tones and sustain.
User ImageKen
9:37 am Sunday
June 15, 2008
I really think you get good value in Cort.At least you used to, dont know what they are putting out now.

I also have recently discovered Agile, and bought an Agile AL2000, which is a Les Paul style guitar. It was really inexpensive , and nicer than the Epiphone Les Paul I tried in the store.

For acoustic, I have a Tanglewood, which are apparently big in the UK. I love it, excellent value for the money.
I recently played a $400 Seagull, that ate a $2500 Martin for breakfast.

I tend to not bother with the big names anymore, as I have very disapointed with what you get for the money.
User Imageatilla
10:56 am Thursday
June 19, 2008
You know, I´ve played a lot of guitars that I´ve liked (and plenty I´ve hated). But seriously, you could give me a decent-level Jackson, Charvel, Ibanez, ESP or Carvin with a Floyd Rose and I´d be good to go. I´m actually much more picky about amplifiers.
User ImagePoint88
4:48 pm Tuesday
July 1, 2008
Couldn´t agree more. I have been really impressed with some of the less-expensive and lesser known gear out there lately. I own a Seagull and I absolutely love it. Martins and Taylors are nice, but I think my Seagull is just as good.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:11 pm Tuesday
July 1, 2008
Quote From Point88:
Couldn´t agree more. I have been really impressed with some of the less-expensive and lesser known gear out there lately. I own a Seagull and I absolutely love it. Martins and Taylors are nice, but I think my Seagull is just as good.

I agree. Seagulls are GREAT guitars and VERY reasonably priced. I would also also agree that they can hold there own against most Martins or Taylors. I already own one but the next steel string acoustic I will buy will be another seagull.