Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

WOW!!!! JUST WOW

User ImageT.A.Z
7:57 am Tuesday
July 8, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
WOW!! Holy hell mike this place has changed a bit!!!!

I logged on to borrow the online tuner for a second as I can´t find mine and the whole site has changed!!! It looks incredible Mike!! Well done mate!!

I´ve just spent the past hour or so uploading pics of my guitars and filling in the new profile page and scowering around to see what there is!! Mike I am so impressed mate this site looks incredible!!

The only thing Im not that keen on is the layout of the forums, but man the site looks incredible it really does!!! Jump Jump Jump
User Imagejeremy
7:44 pm Tuesday
July 8, 2008
Dude, awesome. It´s cool to see another dude with a profile.
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:51 pm Tuesday
July 8, 2008
Its been a long time Duggy, how you been? Thanks for the kind words it great to hear cause I did bust my butt getting this thing going. The forum was one of the last things to go up and I´m not completely happy with it either. By the time I started building the forum I just wanted to get the whole site done so I was kinda slacking on that part. I´ll make it better in time. Thumbs Up
User ImageKen
1:56 pm Wednesday
July 9, 2008
yea Mike, you´ve done a great job at this site.
I should log in more, but i´ve barely had time to play guitar too!
Well, I plan on coming back more. Fall & winter are great times to woodshed and log in!
User ImageT.A.Z
6:32 am Thursday
July 10, 2008
Hey Mike I´m good mate cheers very good!! How is everyone else around here??? Wheres my old mate BillyJack?? lol

I am really really impressed Mike, but yeah the forum is a little bit of a let down compared to the rest of it. I am really interested in posting some lessons and stuff. By the way I have a good selection of GPro tabs I´ve made and I´m planning on making a few more, is there anyway we can upload them?? Or maybe upload a notepad file tab, rather than have to write the whole thing out on here???
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:17 pm Thursday
July 10, 2008
Ken - Right on! I´m going to hold you to that Wink

Andro-Taz - I´m going to make a tab upload page soon. In the mean time you can zip them the send them to me, I´ll make sure they get up there.

As to the whereabouts of Mr. BillyJack... Well, logs in all the time but never posts Question Question Question Question . BILLY JACK WHERE ARE YOU! Cry He might just be busy.

There is one cool thing about the forum... That is that you can insert all the lesson elements into any post so if I want to insert a chord diagram or Tab I can do it right though the forum. That is what the little GKN code builder thing on the side of the text input area does.

See here is a chord that I will create:

here is a tab that I builder in the GKN tab editor:

But you´re right I still have to work to make it a little cooler. There are a bunch of options that I will be able to add once I start working on it.
User ImageT.A.Z
6:03 am Friday
July 11, 2008
Cool I look forward to the upload page Mike!! That´ll be cool.

I´ve seen the little code builder it´s wicked. Theres a load of little things on here that I really like and I´ve been trying to find excuses to use them haha no doubt I´ll have reasons in the future. How many users is there now Mike??
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:58 am Saturday
July 12, 2008
As of today 1720 members, look to the bottom of the GKN index page or your member control panel and you can find these stats whenever you want.

Of these 1720 about 70 have profiles and 13 have profiles images and almost all the profiles are from real people. I deleted about 400 fake spam accounts when I rolled out the new system.

70 profiles isn´t that bad since this option has only been up for four or five months. Of these 70 some are good some are not so good, I´ve read them all. The good news is more people are creating their profiles as soon as they sign up. For example 4 of the last 5 people who signed up have already put something into their profiles.

Right now I´m trying to figure out new ways to expand the communal aspects of GKN. Thats why I added those top 10 lists on the front page. I really want to find a way to join all the members somehow. Any suggestions?
User ImageT.A.Z
1:09 pm Saturday
July 12, 2008
Its just one of those things thats gotta build up through word of outh really Mike I think. I´ve thrown links up here and passed on the address to a few people when they´ve asked for places to find good info on music theory but theres not much else you can do really unfortunately, I do hope it all picks up though because theres not many places that have such a friendly community with as much info as this place does.

Heres a quick idea Mike I´ve just thought of. On the Front page where we have the featured profile box. would it possible to put it on rotation of profiles only that have pics?? Just a suggestion if you have on the front page a selection of profiles with pics it might make it more appealing than a load of profiles that have "No Photo Yet" written with a drab grey background.
User ImageMike Lindyn
7:59 pm Saturday
July 12, 2008
Quote From Andro-Taz:
Heres a quick idea Mike I´ve just thought of. On the Front page where we have the featured profile box. would it possible to put it on rotation of profiles only that have pics?? Just a suggestion if you have on the front page a selection of profiles with pics it might make it more appealing than a load of profiles that have "No Photo Yet" written with a drab grey background.

That is how it was until about a week ago. I will be including the news that I´ve made this change in the next GKN update. The old way was good and I will switch it back once we get a few more people with profile pics. But right now we would just be spotlighting the same 10 people making it seem like there was less activity than there actually is.