Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Just a bit of fun

User ImageT.A.Z
4:34 pm Monday
July 14, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
I don´t know if its just me thats done this but its a bit of fun lol

That a paint pic of my guitar set-up that I used in my last band. Anyone else got anything like this?? Post it up if you do!!!
User Imagejeremy
8:59 pm Monday
July 14, 2008
Cool. That´s like the Vulgar Display of Power column in GW. I should do this.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:41 pm Monday
July 14, 2008
Awesome setup and diagram. How did you build that diagram?
User ImageT.A.Z
4:46 am Tuesday
July 15, 2008
This site Mike...http://guitargeek.com/...I just took what I wanted and then spliced them together in paint haha THey have an archive of thousands of rig set-ups by artists
User Imagejeremy
9:50 pm Tuesday
July 15, 2008
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:17 am Wednesday
July 16, 2008
THat is really cool. I never knew that site did this.
User ImageT.A.Z
9:34 am Wednesday
July 16, 2008
Awesome Jeremy!! Looks good mate!!

Come on Mike lets have it mate!!
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:39 am Thursday
July 17, 2008
Here´s one for me. Wink

Would have done it sooner but I was really tight on time today.
User ImageT.A.Z
7:07 am Thursday
July 17, 2008
Looks awesome Mike!!!! Nice one!!
User Imagejeremy
7:57 pm Sunday
July 20, 2008
Nice. Mike´s rig is all high-tech.
User Imagejeremy
11:32 pm Sunday
July 20, 2008
Mike, do you really have an orange V like that? That thing is flyin´ all over the site an´ stuff and it´s on your shirts. I´m just wondering what´s up with that guitar. Does it exist or is it just a cool graphic?
User ImageMike Lindyn
2:04 am Monday
July 21, 2008
I did a bunch of guitar designs over the years and when I was creating the new GKN I was looking for a guitar that could represent GKN and one I couldn´t get sued for using. This is what I came up with...

When I first redesigned the site I had the color orange in mind and tried a lot of different guitar designs with the orange. The flying V was the best of the bunch so I want with that. This is my attempt at branding.

Someday I hope to have one just like this that I can hang in my studio but for now its just a design element.
User Imagejeremy
2:47 am Monday
July 21, 2008
That would be a sweet guitar. I have alota guitars but one type that I don´t have that I would like to have is the V. Maybe one day I´ll score one of those Kerry King signature B.C. Rich V´s. I need to make more money first though.
User ImageT.A.Z
6:08 am Monday
July 21, 2008
You made a good choice of guitar and a fantastic choice of colour Mike!!!
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
11:11 pm Friday
July 25, 2008
Nice rack efx Mike. What does the Roland one offer?

Do you often play live gigs? I seldom see guitarists use racks for anything. Only at studio recordings with their engineer.

I´ve always been intrigued by racks. It is wise for a guitarist to own them?
User ImageT.A.Z
5:48 am Saturday
July 26, 2008
Quote From Loyct:

Do you often play live gigs? I seldom see guitarists use racks for anything. Only at studio recordings with their engineer.

As far as I know Mike doesn´t perform live, but I´ve seen a few people use rack units.

IMO though their too much hassle and not stable enough for me. There´s too much chance of ´em going wrong and if thy do your completely stumped!
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
8:45 pm Sunday
August 3, 2008
Alright. But in terms of tone, how does it compare with analog or even digital pedals?

Are racks very digital sounding?
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:25 pm Wednesday
August 6, 2008
Quote From Loyct:

No this is not my my exact setup but I do have close to the same configuration for my live rig.

MY LIVE SETUP: Dunlop Crybaby to a POD Live to a Q20 effects processor to an Alesis compressor to a Marshall power amp to a carvin 4x12. THere are two other rack piece I have that I don´t use inside this rig.

Quote From Loyct:
Alright. But in terms of tone, how does it compare with analog or even digital pedals?

Are racks very digital sounding?

Now a days the rack gear they have out there rocks. This was not the case 15 years or so ago but today stuff is pretty seemless.

Quote From Andro-Taz:

As far as I know Mike doesn´t perform live, but I´ve seen a few people use rack units.

Taz is right I don´t play live anymore but I used to somewhat regularly... I don´t have a band now... Nor have I had a band in about 8-9 years but I still have my live setup in case I find some people to jam with.