Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Arpeggio+question

User ImageT.A.Z
4:59 am Friday
July 18, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Arpeggio Question

Just a quick one guys, can anyone tell me what arpeggio this is???

I think that the 1st part from the D to the D is a Dmin7 arpeggio then it changes to something else...ut I don´t know what.

Heres another example...
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:10 pm Saturday
July 19, 2008
It seems to switch between a D min 7th an A min 7th and back to a D min7th.
User ImageT.A.Z
8:23 am Sunday
July 20, 2008
So the D to D is a Dmin7 Arpeggio then the A to G is a Amin7 then the C to D is a Dmin7 again...but what about that final G note??
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:05 am Sunday
July 20, 2008
Quote From Andro-Taz:
So the D to D is a Dmin7 Arpeggio then the A to G is a Amin7 then the C to D is a Dmin7 again...but what about that final G note??

Yeah that G doesn´t really fit into the D Min 7th does it? A lot of the times people create arpeggios without worrying about what chords are being used. Or else, maybe, the writer had a general idea of the notes they want to use for this passage. For example, maybe this person only wanted to use notes from within Am7 and Dm7 and was not concerned with the order they came in. Then there is the possibility that the writer of this arpeggio didn´t care at all about which chords or even which notes were being used, they could have been more concerned with the sound or even the shape of the arpeggio. Its hard to tell a lot of the time.
User ImageT.A.Z
10:49 am Sunday
July 20, 2008
Well Mike it´ll all become clear to ya in a month or so mate haha but thanks very much for the help there!!
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:39 am Sunday
July 20, 2008
ooooh interesting... I can´t wait. Thumbs Up
User ImageT.A.Z
1:05 pm Sunday
July 20, 2008
Aye it´ll be interesting to see what happens with it haha